Business Continuity is a firm-wide program, supported at the highest level within Baird. We partner and collaborate with our stakeholders to prepare associates and empower the firm to be ready to provide continuous services and minimize risk regardless of adverse conditions.
As a Business Continuity Analyst in the Risk department, you will play a key role in providing situational awareness, incident monitoring and support; assess and provide insight on potential risks, create and maintain actionable plans for recovery of business operations, educate and train on business continuity strategies and conduct exercises to prove resiliency. The ideal candidate is innately collaborative, proactive project manager, insightful, analytical with strong attention to detail, tenacious, and possesses the capability to leverage well-rounded business operations knowledge.
Serving as a Business Continuity Analyst, this key role provides visibility and influence into all areas of the Baird business with the opportunity to greatly impact firm success. The position is based in Milwaukee, Chicago or Louisville and may require minimal travel.
As a Business Continuity Analyst, you will:
- Build relationships with key stakeholders to enhance the Business Continuity program discipline within Baird.
- Collaborate and influence the BC network by reviewing strategies, evaluating plan effectiveness and recommending appropriate response, recovery and resumption practices.
- Provide insight and collaboratively support the Business Continuity plan activities by working with the plan owners to identify and address risks within their area while validating the completeness and accuracy of their planned strategies. This includes conducting periodic plan assessments, communicating with clear and concise direction and following up with requests timely.
- Partner with the business to coordinate, communicate and document exercises, rehearsals and walkthroughs of Business Continuity plans, Mass Notification exercises, Business Recovery exercises, IT Recovery plans and supporting the Crisis Management Plan.
- Respond timely to coordinate incident management activities as required. Monitor and support the Incident Management and Crisis Management processes while displaying an understanding of the business impacts.
- Proactively provide insight to anticipate, identify, understand and manage risks. Escalate issues within the department.
- Develop effective relationships within the BC Network while staying abreast of business continuity methods and industry trends.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Unique opportunity to learn and work with all Business areas and Corporate Resource Groups at all levels of the firm, proving your ability to listen, adapt and provide business continuity solutions.
- Fast paced and dynamic environment enabling you to grow as a professional.
- Join a team of associates passionate about achieving great results for clients and the firm while enjoying what we do including giving back to the communities where we live and work.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with 3-5 years of professional experience which provides an equivalent background required to perform the work of this role.
- Ability to establish effective relationships through strong listening skills with an authentic desire to be curious.
- Strong project management and business analysis skills, and experience with or the ability to learn and perform basic data analytics.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to confidently lead meetings, and influence and negotiate with clients across all levels of the firm.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several projects concurrently.
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively to achieve business outcomes.
- Previous experience within the discipline is NOT required.