Baird’s Human Resources team is dedicated to attracting, developing, engaging and retaining the best global talent to meet the firm mission of being a best place to work. The Director of HR Technology, Operations and Reporting & Analytics is responsible for setting, deploying, and executing on the strategic vision and the overall management of the Global Human Resources Technology functions. This critical, senior level position leads a team of managers who execute their disciplines in alignment with HR’s strategy and key results metrics, while also supporting Baird’s mission to be a great place to work for our associates. This role requires an individual with demonstrated people leadership skills, the ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and a results-oriented focus with a history of consistently delivering high quality results.
As a Director of HR Technology, Operations and Reporting & Analytics, you will:
• Operate as a member of the HR Senior Leadership Team in defining, setting, and executing the HR strategy for the firm.
• Advance the strategic HR Technology vision and roadmaps (including HR portal) and prioritize initiatives and resources.
• Program manage the implementation of HR key initiatives.
• Provide leadership, mentorship, and coaching to leaders and team members to ensure expanded skill development that aligns with the HR strategy and key initiatives.
• Build and cultivate internal and external relationships to ensure alignment and delivery of strategies.
• Manage the forecasting, budgeting, and track spending for the functions.
• Engage with industry peers to identify and incorporate best practices.
• Provide oversite for the HR Technology function in global HR system technical expertise, program management and business analysis to guide the successful design, implementation, escalations, and enhancements for all HR technologies.
• Partner with all HR teams to research, recommend and implement HR best practices in alignment with HR’s Key Results and Baird’s mission.
• Provide oversight for the HR Operations function ensuring the team delivers superior client service and a positive associate experience in alignment with HR’s Key Results and Baird’s mission.
• Set the direction on how the operations team responds to and resolves associate inquiries either directly or through collaboration with other HR subject matter experts.
Reporting & Analytics:
• Provide oversite for the HR Reporting & Analytics function to advance the means to harness internal and external data to inform the decision-making process.
• Consider ways to visualize Baird’s data for greater impact and focuses the team on delivering insights to senior leaders.
• Partner directly with all HR teams to research, recommend and implement HR analytical and reporting best practices in alignment with HR’s Key Results and Baird’s mission.
What makes this position great:
• Opportunity to lead a productive team within a growing, dynamic financial services firm with an award-winning culture focused on top talent.
• Direct interface to key leaders within the firm and executing on the overall Human Resource technology functions.
• The challenge of a fast-paced environment that allows you to engage proactively, think strategically and drive results.
What we look for:
Must possess exceptional people leadership skills and emotional intelligence. Be able to demonstrate an ability to engage and motivate a team as well as build and develop talent at all levels.
• Strategic Thinking:
Experience at thinking and acting strategically. The role requires the ability to identify and develop both long-term and near-term strategies that significantly advance each disciplines’ impact and contribution to HR and the overall organization.
• Results Oriented:
Results-driven with experience working on cross functional project implementations. Demonstrated history of delivering high quality results on a consistent basis while also taking the time to incorporate continuous improvement learnings.
• Relationship Builder:
Excel at building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Ability to influence decision making through the strength of their relationships and use the relationships to support key change management activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field or equivalent experience.
• Five years+ of direct management experience of larger teams including manager level.
• Five years+ of experience in program/project management of large- and small-scale initiatives.
• Seven to ten years+ experience of concentrated experience or work with HR/IT systems.
• Senior leadership experience in HR systems, process improvement design, and reporting & analytics strategy and implementations.
• Experience with the Workday platform analytics, and/or case management /portal systems.