Baird is looking for a highly motivated self-starter to join the Operations Department as a Tax & Cost Reporting Specialist. In this role, you will be responsible for daily account maintenance and data analysis. This individual should have a great attention to detail to maintain information on multiple reporting platforms to support Baird Financial Advisors and our clients. This individual will have the opportunity to learn about tax and cost basis reporting within a dynamic and challenging environment. Must have a combination of technical, problem solving, and mathematical skills in addition to the ability to communicate well with individuals at all levels.
As a Tax & Cost Reporting Specialist, you will:
- Provide high value service to internal and external clients in an environment that promotes Baird’s culture and the Operations mission and values statement.
- Ensure adherence to regulations, Baird policies, and department procedures and policies.
- Answer and/or initiate Financial Advisor and Client Specialist contact; answer routine questions and follow through on requests.
- Contribute to productivity, efficiency and effectiveness improvements to drive exceptional client service and risk mitigation.
- Work on special team projects or support other team members in their efforts.
- Update and maintain Baird’s cost basis system to ensure compliance with IRS Cost Basis Legislation requirements.
- Conduct audits and execute test plans to validate accuracy of account information on business service applications such as Tax Statements and Client Statements.
- Provide support, training and education to Financial Advisors, Client Specialists and other associates regarding cost basis, Tax Statements, Client Statements and financial industry regulations.
- Perform other duties as required.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Fast paced environment, requires problem solving and new challenges daily.
- Ability to work with a variety of teams and leaders, proving your ability to be flexible and highly adaptable.
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or 2+ years of experience in a financial services operations role is a plus.
- SIE & Series 99 within 120 days of hire if role processes cash or security movements.
- Experience with SQL Server a plus.
- Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to handle multiple assignments; work under pressure and within deadlines to produce accurate, high-quality results.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, monitor, and complete multiple tasks or projects, either independently or collaboratively within a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must, with the ability to effectively relate to work in a team-oriented setting.
- Passion for providing high-value client service.
- Ability to stay focused under pressure and to prioritize workload in order to effectively manage time.
- Proven reliability in performance.