At Baird, we focus on achieving great outcomes – with the commitment and care you want every step of the way. Our continued success has given us the opportunity to enhance our technology infrastructure. The Baird IT Operations team is looking for an energetic individual that enjoys problem-solving, making a difference, and creating elegant solutions. We are looking for an articulate professional with integrity, focus, and a clear determination to make things better every day. The IT Scheduling/Systems Analyst will be responsible for technical planning, implementation, monitoring, and support of the batch environment including secure file transmissions, job scheduling and data encryption. Consider this exciting new role at a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For and Computerworld Best Places to Work in IT! Learn more about Baird IT here!
As an IT Scheduling/Systems Analyst, you will:
- Work closely with delivery teams to design and implement new jobs and workflows within the scheduling environment to support daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly dataflow processes.
- Analyze existing batch processes, objects, code, and workflows to ensure implementation of best practices and continuous improvement.
- Design and implement monitoring to ensure performance, stability, and scalability of the job scheduling environment and associated systems.
- Support the Code Deployment workflows, ensuring adherence to change management guidelines and quality-control standards.
- Work within our *NIX environments to support and grow environment including automation, standards, and monitoring.
- Ability to work in a 24x7 support environment, participate in an on-call rotation, and have experience responding to client needs as raised in Service Desk tickets.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Information technology is a core part of Baird’s business strategy and plays a critical role in the growth and transformation of the firm.
- Collaborative culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership.
- Ability to work on critical projects with a variety of teams and leaders, proving your ability to influence and make business impact through providing technology solutions.
- Computer World Best Company to Work For with collaborative culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership.
What we look for:
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in a technical role with experience in batch analysts in a large environment. Financial or Healthcare industry experience a plus.
- Demonstrated solid working knowledge of batch scheduling and secure file transfers software packages and concepts.
- Experience with industry-standard, third-party management tools and scripting languages is strongly desired; including SFTP, PGP, Connect Direct, and AutoSys.
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into simple and understandable explanations and work across multiple IT teams effectively.
- Ability to understand complex batch situations and develop and implement solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects.